Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Day 4 - Ode To The Glory Of Grapes


The history of grapes is as old as the history of mankind. Grapes grew wild for hundreds of thousands of years and were first cultivated by the Mesopotamians in 6,000 BC. Wine making was the primary use for grapes, The Greeks even had a god of the vine - Dionysus.

Since grapes have such a noble history, and because I love wine, I chose grape juice as my principle drink during the fast.  There's also some sensible reasoning behind this decision.  Johanna Brandt wrote a book entitled The Grape Cure, where she documents her cancer cure by a diet of only grapes and grape juice.  So, if there is any cancer lurking in my body, perhaps my fast will eradicate it.  Asthma and heart disease also benefit from grapes, and since I have both of these conditions too let's rock 'n roll.  

Today, March 4, 2009 is the first day of my juice fast.  It will end 28 days hence on April 1.   As I begin, my thinking is a bit foggy, my breathing slightly improved, and I am full of inspiration and optimism.   My cough is hardly noticeable.  Early today I merely cleared my throat, and a long stringy bit of sticky mucous came up from my bronchial tubes.  The cleansing has begun, one step on the path 28 days long.  I can't wait to see where it end. 

No comments: