Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day 11 - Love In A Big White House


As soon as Barack Obama announced his candidacy for President of The United States, I was damn sure he would win.  He just had that destiny vibe about him.  When he spoke in Grant Park after the victory, I wept all through his masterful speech.  When I woke up the next morning I felt as though I was living in a new world.  A better world, the future looked astonishingly bright!  I still feel that way.  

His Presidency in part has inspired this fast.  I want to be well and vigorous to see what this guy can do.  I plan to be around for both terms of office.  My kids and grand kids will be almost a decade older, and because of Barack Obama I think they'll live in a better world, we all will.  

He's in such a good space.  It radiates from his face, he walks with grace and composure, and he speaks so eloquently.  Bill Clinton was a great orator, but Barack Obama has taken the art of Presidential speaking to a higher level.  To say he inspires is an understatement.

What makes him so wonderful is he is an exquisite human being.  He's soulful.  He's brilliant.  He's artistic. He's beautiful.  He's funny.  He's athletic.  He's sexy.  He's compassionate.  He's passionate.  He's present.  And he radiates LOVE.  

He will change the world because there is love in the Whitehouse.  His love is blatantly obvious when he's with Michelle and his girls.  Love can change the world.  It's the only force that can.  Technology creates change, but we'll only develop better toys and weapons that can kill better.  Love in the human heart is the only thing that will stop mankind's murderous rampage on each other and the planet.   

A short update on my state of being during the juice fast.  I haven't eaten solid food in 10 days, but I still went to the "outhouse" this morning, T W I C E!   I find that quite amazing, I guess people were right when they told me I was full of shit!

I feel stronger and I have more energy.  There's snow on the ground, and with ease I took the garbage out this morning and marvelled at the towering cedar trees in the yard.  That may not sound like much, but for me it's a huge change.
A month ago I would be coughing and wheezing doing that simple task that most people take for granted.  

Being able to walk again feels like a miracle.  Yesterday, my son Jonas and I enjoyed a half mile walk in the snow.  Before the fast, a half block was all I could muster. 

I still cough up mucous from the lungs, but it's less than before.  I hope by day 28 the mucous is no more.  I'm doing my Buteyko exercises with more diligence and focus.  The juice fast contributes to my well being, but getting oxygen to my tissues via the breathing exercises is the key to my renewed energy level.  I feel blessed that I have this method to deal with this incurable and relentlessly progressive disease. 

COPD is like a being on an unmanned freight train rumbling down a mountain track, I feel I've applied the breaks a little.  One day I might even be able to stop the train and hop off.    

1 comment:

Jude said...

Love your pictures...and vibrations! Jude