Thursday, March 5, 2009

Day 5 - Happy Brain And Healing


48 hours into my juice fast.  I feel the body relaxing a bit due to my Buteyko practice and the holiday I've given my much over worked organism from eating, digesting, and eliminating.  

Mucous is still evident in my lungs and is expelled randomly.  Mucous in my nasal passages has cleared up a lot, and I'm hoping this will spread to my lungs. Breathlessness is still my constant companion.  The absence of this companion is what I seek.  

We spend 75% of our lives in an upright position.  The slant board is another thing I do to assist my body's healing. Inversion therapy intuitively made a lot of sense to me.  Everyone feels the effects of gravity, the pull is always downward, a river flows down, the force is relentless.  Inverting the body to an upside down position counteracts that force.  A billions bats can't be wrong.  

Most people with COPD would find it too difficult to hang upside down, the slant board works beautifully.  I got a 2 X 12  seven foot piece of board and covered it with a yoga mat.  I put one end on a chair and the other on the floor.  I lay on the board on my back head downward and relax.  More than half of my body is now above my brain and heart.  The body experiences relief from the daily patterns of compression, pull to the organs, muscle, blood flow, and oxygen distribution throughout the body.  The brain is nourished.   The quickening force of every organ of the body comes from the brain.  So keep your brain happy and well fed - it's good news for the entire body. 



No comments: