Friday, March 6, 2009

Day 6 - Skin And The Spice Of Life


Subtle changes are occuring.  I feel an ease of movement, I walk around the house with less breathlessness and effort.  Two more daily regimes to tell you about.  I've spiced up my life.  Curcumin is a spice revered in India for centuries, Ayurvedic medicine calls it the king of spices. Studies are being conducted for its effect for treating cancer and arthritis.  It's a powerful anti-inflammatory, and since one of the underlying causes of COPD is inflammation, I take a 1/4 teaspoon of the spice in hot water 4 times a day.  I drink the concoction around the time I do my Buteyko practice.  I'm doing 4 sets of the breathing exercises, with 3 maximum pauses now of 20, 25, and 30 seconds.  Next week I'll increase the pauses to 25, 30, and 35.  Slowly but surely my Control Pause will rise. 
http://www.flex-protex-suppply.com/curcumin.html
  
I've also been pampering my skin.  Skin is the only organ we can see and touch. If the skin looks and feels healthy, there's a good chance your insides are that way too. Skin is our largest eliminative organ and it works overtime during a fast. Before my morning shower I dry brush.  It's the best way to clean your skin and give it a healthy rosy glow.  Use a natural fiber brush with a long handle and brush from the bottom of your feet and hands and everything in between  
The brushing exfoliates and detoxifies your skin and it feels blushingly fantastic.



No comments: