Monday, March 9, 2009

Day 10 - Good Vibrations


Everyone has heard of good vibrations.  If you're sensitive to them you can feel a good or bad vibration emanating off people.  It's a subtle energy that's picked up.  Vibrations have long held mystical relevance too.  When OM or more properly AUM is chanted the body vibrates, especially the throat and heart regions.  Chanting Buddhist monks  "feel the textures of their own states of consciousness."

Vibrations of long held healing properties.  But now I refer to man made vibrations in particular the Power Plate that Madonna has made famous.    It's been around for a long time and once again it was invented by the Russians.  They used it in their space program to help the cosmonauts over come decreased bone mass loss and muscle tone during weightlessness.   The Russian's kept the technology a secret during the cold war. The world first witnessed its benefits when the Russians started winning all the Gold at the 1960 Olympic games.

For people with COPD who are unable to exercise this device is miraculous as it trims body fat, builds muscle, and increases bone density.  The workouts require very little expenditure of energy and the results can be spectacular. 

I think the real glory of the technology lies in what it does to the body's inside.  The vibration stimulates the glands, all other organs, and increased blood flow creating renewed oxygenation.

In one study, six of ten infertile women became pregnant after using the device for only three minutes a day three times a week.  The study determined the fresh oxygen-rich blood flow and deep tissue stimulation of the uterus and ovaries was the reason.

I think the elevated oxygenation will help people with COPD.  I have a small hand held vibrator that I use twice a day for ten or 15 minutes. I start with the souls of my feet and work up.  I rest the device at the base of my skull, don't know if this stimulates the respiratory center and the brain, but it sure feels like it does.  If my IQ goes up I'll let you know.   


No comments: